Cancer Support Groups: A guide to setting up and maintaining a group
This book is for community members who are interested in leading a face-to-face cancer support group. It’s also useful for leaders of established support groups who want to make improvements, and people involved in working parties.
This resource may assist in helping to:
• think about community needs for cancer support groups
• determine a group’s purpose and format
• learn how to form, run and maintain a face-to-face group
• promote a group to the community
• review how things are done
• deal with challenges that may come up
• reinvigorate or close a flagging group.