Eating Disorders Victoria (EDV) operates volunteer-run peer support groups. Groups are essentially peer-to-peer, but a trained volunteer is present at all meetings to ensure that discussions remain safe, supportive and recovery-focused. There are separate groups for people with an eating disorder who want to get well and stay well, and for families and friends – as well as a combined support group for both.
Eating Disorders Foundation of Victoria (EDV) provides services to anyone in Victoria affected by an eating disorder, such as anorexia, bulimia or binge eating disorder. We provide counselling, education and information for people with eating disorders, their families and carers to promote early identification and intervention of eating disorders so as to reduce their incidence and manage their impact.
Using a blend of the skills of qualified and compassionate professionals and the unique understanding of people with lived experience, services include:
- EDV Psychology which provides one on one counselling for people with eating disorders and their families and carers
- Facilitated peer support groups, across metropolitan and regional Victoria
- Our comprehensive website which has a range of fact sheets, publications and information as well as a moderated forum
- Providing education and professional development such as through the GP Education Project and workshops for teachers, students, parents, fitness professionals and the broader community
- Professionally facilitated group programs, including ‘Building Hope’ – a six part program for carers and family members of someone with an eating disorder
Eating Disorders Victoria
Level 2, 16 Lulie Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067
Helpine 1300 550 236