Mental Health Worker & Peer Worker Vacancies
- MULTIPLE positions available
- Do you want to support people to make a positive difference in their lives?
- Join a growing Not For Profit organisation that values & rewards its employees!
Flourish Australia is seeking motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Workers and Peer Workers to join our newly established HASI team based at Marrickville.
Positions available are full-time working on a rotating roster which will include weekends. The positions advertised are classified Level 3 on the SCHCADS award.
About the Opportunities
As a Mental Health Worker or Peer Worker, you will work in the community to support people accessing our services who have a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams. You will play an important part in assisting people to realise their goals as specified in their NDIS plans. On a day to day basis you will:
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be ‘hands on’ and involved in direct service delivery.
The difference between the two roles is a Peer Worker is required to use their lived experience of a mental health issue and personal recovery openly, appropriately and effectively to build professional relationships with the people they support that also experience a mental health issue.
Peer Workers will also use their lived experience to inform and contribute to staff learning, service understanding, and delivering person-led, strengths focused, recovery based language, documentation, training and actions. As a Peer Worker, you will also use your lived experience to work as an advocate on an individual basis and systemically (as required).
It is not a requirement for Mental Health Workers to use their lived experience of a mental health issue in their everyday work.
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia , please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
For more information on the Mental Health Worker role, please read the Position Description.
Who we are
RichmondPRA is now Flourish Australia. Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Entry level for graduates with a relevant degree in behavioural sciences or human services; or
- A relevant associate diploma or certificate qualification with relevant experience; or
- At least 1-years relevant experience in mental health attained through previous appointments
- A current Australian drivers licence.
Please note: In addition to the above qualification and experience requirements, if you are applying to be a Peer Worker, you will have a lived experience of a mental health issue and also be able to demonstrate how you are able to effectively, respectfully, and appropriately use your lived experience of a mental health issue in your work;
For further information, please contact Yasin Bagci, Senior Cluster Manager E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes;
- Career development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications must be submitted online BEFORE 12th October 2017, 5pm through the APPLY function.